Table of Contents
Dogs are great pets that serve as a companion for most humans. Thus, there is a need to protect their health and understand factors that could affect them. One of the significant ways to help your dog stay free from diseases is by giving him or her the Best Organic Dog Foods.
You may have been buying simple pet foods from Walmart like Puppy Chow. However, your pet will greatly benefit from preferable dog foods produced naturally from the earth.
We will examine the different types of dog foods you should consider before purchase.
What Are Organic Dog Foods?
The ingredients in naturally Organic Dog Foods come from grown plants and nutrients without any additional fertilizer, chemicals, antibiotics, or preservatives.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has enumerated some standards any Organic food must meet before they can be given the USDA Organic Seal.
- Land must have no prohibited substances applied to it for at least three years before the harvest of an organic crop.
- Crop pests, weeds, and diseases will be controlled basically through management practices, including physical, mechanical, and biological controls.
- Organic pet food must use organic seeds and other planting stock when available.
- The use of genetic engineering, ionizing, radiation, and sewage sludge is prohibited.
No doubt, Organic Dog Food can also be compared to Organic Human Food because they both have similar standards to be fulfilled.
How Can I Detect Organic Food?
While buying organic food, you should be wary of some things that could lead to a waste of money. Organic products come at a premium. You want to buy fresh pet foods that have naturally grown domestic ingredients. So that you purchase the right product, look for the official USDA seal on all brands of organic dog food products.
Inorganic foods contain toxic pesticides, antibiotics, artificial colors, Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) preservatives, and flavors.
Organic foods, on the other hand, should contain easily digestible grains, oats, barley, wheat. Also, natural preservatives like Vitamin E, C, or plant extracts are found in the Best Organic Dog Foods.
However, you should avoid foods with Corn because it is classified as Genetically Modified Organic food. Also, take note of the manufacturing process; lower cooking temperatures are better because it helps retain the food’s nutritional value.
- Age is a significant factor so that you can give your dog healthy food that will be beneficial. A dog passes through 3 stages.
- You may want to feed your dog the appropriate meal for each step. This is because there are different amounts of calories and proteins needed to formulate its growth to full adulthood.
- You can get the confirmed formula for a vet doctor, but where there’s no provision for that, consider these tips.
Puppies’ food should be more of proteins and calories to help sharpen and build a healthy immune system. For the first to eight weeks, feeding your puppy with milk is especially important. Afterward, you can begin to introduce solid food to usher in a new developmental stage for the animal.
Adults dogs, on the other hand, require more vitamins, calcium, minerals, and less of proteins and calories that could lead to obesity.
Dogs may get arthritis, blindness, or hearing loss as they grow older. Because you may want your pets to experience longevity, make sure they consume an ample supply of fiber and fatty foods in their diets. Fiber foods reduce digestion-related problems and improve vital organ health.
• Size of the Dog: You also need to consider this factor because there are some specific dog foods formulated for different dog breeds. For example, large breeds of dogs will benefit more from the product with glucosamine to improve their joint’ strength.
• Specific Needs of the Dogs: Dogs also suffer from allergies and reactions to some food products. Before buying the best organic dog food, study your dog and what it reacts to, then search for products that lack that particular ingredient. Trust me; this will save you from lots of stress.
• Dry or Wet Foods: Consider purchasing wet or dry dog foods. Generally, most dogs prefer eating dry foods to wet foods. However, you should know the preferred type of food by your dog and work towards buying it. This will help avoid wastage.
There are other factors, though, but these are some critical ones that can save you and guide you right.
Benefits of Buying the Best Organic Dog Food
Most of the health-related organizations today are clamoring for a reduction in the consumption of inorganic products as they cause serious health problems in humans. This is also applicable to dogs because they suffer from long and short-term diseases that could lead to their death – losing a pet is saddening.
• Organic Dog Food helps in disease prevention because it is made from natural products with no added chemicals.
• Organic Dog Foods helps control weight. Many of the artificial dog foods are full of calories and can lead to obesity. But organic food reduces the risk of obesity and keeps your dog healthy and active.
• Furthermore, they are easily digestible, which reduces the risk of allergies.
• Organic Dog Foods also improves the immune system of dogs and are more delicious than the inorganic ones. Plus, the dog is taking the daily nutrients it needs to function well and stay active.
• Lastly, organic Dog Foods improves the longevity and good looks of the dog. What a dog eats will determine the way it feels, acts, and looks. The food will give your dog a shiny and luxurious skin and eradicate harmful toxins from the body.
There are many more benefits of Organic Dog Foods. This might be a step you should take to save your dog from looking and feeling miserable and uncomfortable all the time.
Now, let’s consider some top-rated Organic Dog Foods that are highly beneficial to dogs.
#1. Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Natural Dog Food
- Beef protein
- Peas rich in carbohydrates and fiber
- Garbanzo Beans 22% protein
- Canola Oil for Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Flax seeds
- It is made from natural ingredients, no added chemicals.
- It is made from high-quality meat that contains a reasonable amount of protein for the dog.
- It is less pricey and affordable.
- The ingredients are grain-free and easily digestible.
- Some formulas contain chicken, which might cause an allergic reaction.
#2. Wellness Pet Food
- Chicken meal – Meat concentrate
- Ground Brown Rice – Gluten-free substitute for wheat flour
- Oats – Rich in B-vitamins and fiber
- Salmon Meal: Rich in protein
- It contains probiotics.
- Manufactured formulas for different dog types and breeds.
- Nutrients support heart health.
- Grain-free ingredient.
- Some products contain garlic, which has been a cause of Heinz Anaemia in Dogs.
#3. Merrick Grain-Free Dog Food
- Turkey Meal for a protein boost
- Pork high in protein and ash
- Legumes for fiber and carbohydrates
- Sunflower Oil
- Omega 3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- Alfalfa Meal rich in protein and fiber
- Dried Fermented Products
These and other ingredients are mixed to form the Merrick Grain Free Recipe Dry Dog Food. As you can see, the food is filled with different nutrients required to help your dog in its growth process. Let us look at the advantages.
- A grain-free meal that provides the dog with all-round health benefits.
- No preservatives or additives.
- It gives a whole balanced diet for your dog.
- Healthy skin and luxurious hair from Omega -3 and -6 fatty acids.
- Improves bone and joint developments from glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Too much protein content from the ingredients used.
- Not all Merrick Formulas are grain-free.
The Rachael Ray Brand started as a simple recipe formulator on Food Network and has grown into a dog food producing company. The food recipes meet all the requirements of the American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and contain proteins and crude fat with no artificial flavors or additives.
Also, the food bag contains additional dog rearing tips to help newbies in this field avoid problems for their pets.
- Turkey Brown Rice
- Venison, Real Beef Brown Rice
- Beef meal with more than 300% protein
- Dried Peas, a good source of carbohydrates and dietary fiber
- Soybeans with 48% dog protein
- Corn as an energy boost
- Very affordable with high-quality ingredients.
- No artificial flavors and preservatives – all-natural.
- It contains probiotics that help digestion.
- Money-back Guarantee.
- Corn is a controversial ingredient that is mostly considered as a Genetic Modified Organic (GMO).
This is a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) certified product that guarantees an all-natural ingredient for use. According to the USDA requirements, dog food contains no artificial preservatives, antibiotics, or chemical pesticides.
The dog food is produced in four different flavors – Chicken and Brown Rice, Turkey, Carrot and Potato, Potato, Turkey and Vegetables, and Chicken and Potato.
- Chicken rich in ten amino acids
- Brown Rice that provides energy
- Potatoes, gluten-free carbohydrates
- Carrots, rich in minerals and beta-carotene
- Coconut Flour rich in fiber
- With this product, you are guaranteed all-natural products.
- It is USDA certified.
- They have both grain-free and grain-included varieties.
- They contain essential nutrients needed for a dog’s health.
- Some dogs have problems digesting organic peas.
- The food is not packaged in larger bags.
This is a dog food that is produced by Breeders’ Choice Incorporation established by Harold Taylor in 1947. The food was manufactured to fight against skin and hair problems in dogs. The brand is well known today because it has a unique ingredient used in preparing this dog food – Avocado.
- Chicken Meal
- Oatmeal rich in B-vitamins and dietary fiber
- Rice Bran
- Chicken Fat
- It can be used for a wide range of dogs.
- Provide a balanced diet in one meal for the dogs.
- Fights allergies and food sensitivity in dogs.
- Ingredients are fabulously rich in protein.
- They are mostly sold in wholesale shops.
- The products are slightly expensive.
This is a pure dry dog food that has 11 different formulas. The product is manufactured by Canidae Corporation, established in the 1996 century. Since its existence, the company has produced lots of quality dog foods.
They have become one of the first producers of quality grain-free products with locally sourced ingredients within the United States. Their products are made from protein-rich meats, easily digestible carbohydrates, fruits, and vegetables.
- Menhaden Fish
- Dried Alfalfa
- Canidae Dog Food is carefully formulated to keep your dog’s healthy, safe, and sound.
- It has excellent nutritional value and taste, which will encourage your dog to eat.
- It caters for all dietary needs of all dog types. It is also very suitable for all dog types to use.
- It keeps your dogs active and energetic.
Bill Bishop started the Blue Buffalo Company in 2002. The company sells a variety of organic pet foods for small and large dogs. As a consumer, you can choose among 18 flavors for dry and wet dog food products.
- Pea Protein
- Tapioca starch
- Pea Starch
- It is made up of organic ingredients that give high nutritional value for the pet.
- It has a formula for dogs with allergy conditions.
- It is rich in antioxidants and food products dogs love to eat.
- It can be used by different varieties of dogs.
- It is too expensive.
The Natural Balance Pet Foods is an American Pet Food producer established in 1989 by Dick Van Patten. The company tags itself as “Food for a Lifetime,” and the most exquisite food you can buy for your pet. This is a dry dog food with 15 different formulas available.
- Sweet Potato
- Garbanzo Beans
- Chicken Fat
- Pea Fibre
- Salmon Oil
- Products are made from fresh and natural ingredients.
- There are many varieties of available formulas.
- It is a top-rated product used by many pet owners.
- The food is easily digestible for dogs.
- The cost of the product is slightly expensive.
- Potato ingredients could cause allergies in some dogs.
The death of Truman contributed to the establishment of the TruDog Company, one of the owner’s pet died from the disease. At this time, the whole family of Truman had started consuming more of Organic food products, and they were reaping the great benefits from the food.
Then, they asked a question, “If Organic food is good for humans, why not dogs?” The first dog food from this company was sold in the year 2015, but, since that time, it has earned lots of positive reviews from dog owners.
- Beef Lung
- Beef Kidney
- Herring Oil
- Beef Heart
- Easy to digest.
- It can help reduce and control your dog’s weight.
- A dog’s hide will maintain a shiny texture.
- It helps in developing and strengthening a dog’s bones.
- It improves the immune system of dogs.
- It helps to reduce allergic attacks.
- It is an expensive product.
The benefits of feeding a dog with Organic food products are numerous. Your selection of the Best Organic Dog Foods can reduce pain and disease in your animal. Also, your dog will look all fresh and radiant because of the nutrients from the food.
However, your personal preferences will change depending upon the needs of the family dog. But, whatever you choose to buy, rest assured it will satisfy your dog’s needs and also stimulate the growth and development of your animal companion. Enjoy your pet, and watch fantastic changes after introducing the best organic foods.
Author: Loyal Organic