Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Organic Dog Foods?
- 2 How Can I Detect Organic Food?
- 3 Benefits of Buying the Best Organic Dog Food
- 3.1 #1. Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Natural Dog Food
- 3.2 #2. Wellness Pet Food
- 3.3 #3. Merrick Grain-Free Dog Food
- 3.4 #4. Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Dog Food
- 3.5 #5. Organix Organic Canned Adult Dog Food
- 3.6 #6. AvoDerm Natural Dog Food
- 3.7 #7. Canidae Dog Food
- 3.8 #8. Blue Buffalo Dog Food
- 3.9 #9. Natural Balance Limited Ingredients Dog Food
- 3.10 #10. TruDog Real Meat Dog Food
Dogs are great pets that serve as a companion for most humans. Thus, there is a need to protect their health and understand factors that could affect them. One of the significant ways to help your dog stay free from diseases is by giving him or her the Best Organic Dog Foods.
You may have been buying simple pet foods from Walmart like Puppy Chow. However, your pet will greatly benefit from preferable dog foods produced naturally from the earth.
We will examine the different types of dog foods you should consider before purchase.
What Are Organic Dog Foods?
The ingredients in naturally Organic Dog Foods come from grown plants and nutrients without any additional fertilizer, chemicals, antibiotics, or preservatives.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has enumerated some standards any Organic food must meet before they can be given the USDA Organic Seal.
No doubt, Organic Dog Food can also be compared to Organic Human Food because they both have similar standards to be fulfilled.
How Can I Detect Organic Food?
While buying organic food, you should be wary of some things that could lead to a waste of money. Organic products come at a premium. You want to buy fresh pet foods that have naturally grown domestic ingredients. So that you purchase the right product, look for the official USDA seal on all brands of organic dog food products.
Inorganic foods contain toxic pesticides, antibiotics, artificial colors, Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) preservatives, and flavors.
Organic foods, on the other hand, should contain easily digestible grains, oats, barley, wheat. Also, natural preservatives like Vitamin E, C, or plant extracts are found in the Best Organic Dog Foods.
However, you should avoid foods with Corn because it is classified as Genetically Modified Organic food. Also, take note of the manufacturing process; lower cooking temperatures are better because it helps retain the food’s nutritional value.
Puppies’ food should be more of proteins and calories to help sharpen and build a healthy immune system. For the first to eight weeks, feeding your puppy with milk is especially important. Afterward, you can begin to introduce solid food to usher in a new developmental stage for the animal.
Adults dogs, on the other hand, require more vitamins, calcium, minerals, and less of proteins and calories that could lead to obesity.
Dogs may get arthritis, blindness, or hearing loss as they grow older. Because you may want your pets to experience longevity, make sure they consume an ample supply of fiber and fatty foods in their diets. Fiber foods reduce digestion-related problems and improve vital organ health.
• Size of the Dog: You also need to consider this factor because there are some specific dog foods formulated for different dog breeds. For example, large breeds of dogs will benefit more from the product with glucosamine to improve their joint’ strength.
• Specific Needs of the Dogs: Dogs also suffer from allergies and reactions to some food products. Before buying the best organic dog food, study your dog and what it reacts to, then search for products that lack that particular ingredient. Trust me; this will save you from lots of stress.
• Dry or Wet Foods: Consider purchasing wet or dry dog foods. Generally, most dogs prefer eating dry foods to wet foods. However, you should know the preferred type of food by your dog and work towards buying it. This will help avoid wastage.
There are other factors, though, but these are some critical ones that can save you and guide you right.
Benefits of Buying the Best Organic Dog Food
Most of the health-related organizations today are clamoring for a reduction in the consumption of inorganic products as they cause serious health problems in humans. This is also applicable to dogs because they suffer from long and short-term diseases that could lead to their death – losing a pet is saddening.
• Organic Dog Food helps in disease prevention because it is made from natural products with no added chemicals.
• Organic Dog Foods helps control weight. Many of the artificial dog foods are full of calories and can lead to obesity. But organic food reduces the risk of obesity and keeps your dog healthy and active.
• Furthermore, they are easily digestible, which reduces the risk of allergies.
• Organic Dog Foods also improves the immune system of dogs and are more delicious than the inorganic ones. Plus, the dog is taking the daily nutrients it needs to function well and stay active.
• Lastly, organic Dog Foods improves the longevity and good looks of the dog. What a dog eats will determine the way it feels, acts, and looks. The food will give your dog a shiny and luxurious skin and eradicate harmful toxins from the body.
There are many more benefits of Organic Dog Foods. This might be a step you should take to save your dog from looking and feeling miserable and uncomfortable all the time.
Now, let’s consider some top-rated Organic Dog Foods that are highly beneficial to dogs.
These and other ingredients are mixed to form the Merrick Grain Free Recipe Dry Dog Food. As you can see, the food is filled with different nutrients required to help your dog in its growth process. Let us look at the advantages.
The Rachael Ray Brand started as a simple recipe formulator on Food Network and has grown into a dog food producing company. The food recipes meet all the requirements of the American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and contain proteins and crude fat with no artificial flavors or additives.
Also, the food bag contains additional dog rearing tips to help newbies in this field avoid problems for their pets.
This is a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) certified product that guarantees an all-natural ingredient for use. According to the USDA requirements, dog food contains no artificial preservatives, antibiotics, or chemical pesticides.
The dog food is produced in four different flavors – Chicken and Brown Rice, Turkey, Carrot and Potato, Potato, Turkey and Vegetables, and Chicken and Potato.
This is a dog food that is produced by Breeders’ Choice Incorporation established by Harold Taylor in 1947. The food was manufactured to fight against skin and hair problems in dogs. The brand is well known today because it has a unique ingredient used in preparing this dog food – Avocado.
This is a pure dry dog food that has 11 different formulas. The product is manufactured by Canidae Corporation, established in the 1996 century. Since its existence, the company has produced lots of quality dog foods.
They have become one of the first producers of quality grain-free products with locally sourced ingredients within the United States. Their products are made from protein-rich meats, easily digestible carbohydrates, fruits, and vegetables.
Bill Bishop started the Blue Buffalo Company in 2002. The company sells a variety of organic pet foods for small and large dogs. As a consumer, you can choose among 18 flavors for dry and wet dog food products.
The Natural Balance Pet Foods is an American Pet Food producer established in 1989 by Dick Van Patten. The company tags itself as “Food for a Lifetime,” and the most exquisite food you can buy for your pet. This is a dry dog food with 15 different formulas available.
The death of Truman contributed to the establishment of the TruDog Company, one of the owner’s pet died from the disease. At this time, the whole family of Truman had started consuming more of Organic food products, and they were reaping the great benefits from the food.
Then, they asked a question, “If Organic food is good for humans, why not dogs?” The first dog food from this company was sold in the year 2015, but, since that time, it has earned lots of positive reviews from dog owners.
The benefits of feeding a dog with Organic food products are numerous. Your selection of the Best Organic Dog Foods can reduce pain and disease in your animal. Also, your dog will look all fresh and radiant because of the nutrients from the food.
However, your personal preferences will change depending upon the needs of the family dog. But, whatever you choose to buy, rest assured it will satisfy your dog’s needs and also stimulate the growth and development of your animal companion. Enjoy your pet, and watch fantastic changes after introducing the best organic foods.
Author: Loyal Organic